
So D had a bad day, apparently a really bad day. I asked him to write something in his school agenda the way it's supposed to be written and he had a melt down. Haven't had one of those in a while. So in the conversation of "why are you crying" "I don't know" "just tell me why you are crying" "cus I am a liar and I can't make friends" "what does that have to do with writing in your agenda?" " I don't know" blah blah blah.
Yes I feel bad for my child and yes I have guilt because of his learning disability but I really CAN NOT understand this misplaced way of thinking.
ie D gets into 'trouble' for lets say peeing on the seat. And by trouble I mean I say c'mon dude wipe the piss off the seat please. He cries and tells me that he doesn't deserved to be in this family that no one loves him and that he's a no good rotten kid. All because I asked him to kindly wipe the piss off the seat cus I don't want to sit in it. How does that have ANYTHING to do with what kinda kid he is, lying, and his so called right to be in our family. On the lighter side I tell him to focus on the task at hand and that I haven't found any gypies to sell him to yet. On the serious side we saw a shrink for this and D loved him. Me not so much. But I think it's time for another appointment. Shrink says he just needs to talk and that his self esteem is low which is common for his age. He's 10 I mean he's only TEN. He has so many years to go and not all of them pokemon playing, candy eating, football playing easy goin' years. How the HELL am I going to prepare him for reality? Will he have to be on meds as an adult or even a kid? Will he be able to support a family? Will he find a woman that will put up with it? My mind swims when it comes to him and I feel so helpless, so blind, and so in need of that parent's manual I swear someone should publish. I love him more than I know what to do with and pray alot about how to help him be a content child if not a happy one.
Yes I feel bad for my child and yes I have guilt because of his learning disability but I really CAN NOT understand this misplaced way of thinking.
ie D gets into 'trouble' for lets say peeing on the seat. And by trouble I mean I say c'mon dude wipe the piss off the seat please. He cries and tells me that he doesn't deserved to be in this family that no one loves him and that he's a no good rotten kid. All because I asked him to kindly wipe the piss off the seat cus I don't want to sit in it. How does that have ANYTHING to do with what kinda kid he is, lying, and his so called right to be in our family. On the lighter side I tell him to focus on the task at hand and that I haven't found any gypies to sell him to yet. On the serious side we saw a shrink for this and D loved him. Me not so much. But I think it's time for another appointment. Shrink says he just needs to talk and that his self esteem is low which is common for his age. He's 10 I mean he's only TEN. He has so many years to go and not all of them pokemon playing, candy eating, football playing easy goin' years. How the HELL am I going to prepare him for reality? Will he have to be on meds as an adult or even a kid? Will he be able to support a family? Will he find a woman that will put up with it? My mind swims when it comes to him and I feel so helpless, so blind, and so in need of that parent's manual I swear someone should publish. I love him more than I know what to do with and pray alot about how to help him be a content child if not a happy one.

1 comment:
Brandi! Welcome to blogging! You are going to love it.
I recently read an interesting parenting theory, and it said that the first half of the year between birthdays for a kid is settled and easy, and the second half is full of turmoil. So a kid who was born in April will have a really good year from April until October, but look out from November until April.
The mom who posed the theory said that it applied to her kids all the way into college! Who knows.
Anyway, a good shrink couldn't hurt. Stay away from Al Atha.
Take care,
Amy
Post a Comment