So of all the wonderful traits that my mother possesses I have inherited the one that I loath. I can NOT say no. I don't think that it is a good trait BTW. I have a black light tattoo on my forehead that says "sucker! Hit me up for ANYTHING, I'm game."
So I have to much on my plate. I just can't say no to my kids, other peoples kids, or parents in need.
Here are my examples:
This is my 3rd year as a Girl Scout leader for 2 different troops (M's and T's)
I babysit my nephew. All 3 older children have homework and reading time after school. The two oldest have practice 3 days a week which flows Mon - Thur. AND we tote another girl back and forth to practice as well. DJ bowls on Thurs and plays poker on Sat. I have school on Sat for 4 hours. On sunday is church and both M and D have games (never in the same town or in times that cooperate with one another.) Plus I work as a pharm tech probably 6 days a month. T is signing up for soccer. And when football ends then T and M will do gymnastics. I occasionally watch a girlfriends kids but gratefully she returns the favor at all the right times. Plus I have an informal study group on Tues and Thurs for 2 hours. Whew I am exhausted just talking about it. I don't think I could squeeze more in if I tried. I actually shouldn't say that out loud! I would be a fool to think that it has ended with these activities. It's only September!!!
Gotta love it! Chaos is my bestest friend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ok Ok maybe I DONT want to have all the boys in school yet! ;)
Post a Comment