I apologize that this is sort of a personal journal of random sorts.
What!Ever!
Got Tin on the bus, the other kiddos ready and headed out to Valpo to turn in all my financial aid paperwork (crosses fingers toes and eyes for luck.) We were going north on Sturdy shortly after the round-about when a girl on chicago street decided we were invisable and started pulling out in front of us. I seriously can't remember if I said anything as I gripped the steering wheel, white knuckled the bad boy, and slammed the breaks. We literally stopped inches from plowing this girl in her lil car. She looked at me put her hands up and backed up so we could get through. As we drove off unscathed, I did a kid check. Everyone was pretty shook up, cept Dom. He was like "what, what's the big dealio." Big D who was only wearing a lap belt complained a bit of tummy soreness in addition to the feeling of needing to puke. I assured him that the latter of the two was nerves and that I too felt like pulling over to barf my brains out. Mo and Big D both had tears in their eyes, as I swallowed the lump in my throat I said that we should thank Jesus for watching over us. And we did. Nothing like a near miss to wake you up! Mo asked if she would of been the one that got hurt the most since she was sitting in the front and I told her that the girl actually would of gotten hurt really bad. They wanted to know why I wasn't angry because I usually get angry at people who have no business having a license. I was just thankful. No room for angry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment