Thursday, January 29, 2009

Why did I wait for soooo long?? Dumb Ass!

I really don't know how long I have been suffering from mild depression and/or anxiety but it has been about 15 years I would say. So I just thought it was normal to have really off days from time to time until it started getting worse over the last few years. Without going into so much detail here (see previous posts) I am loving my zoloft. I think I will need to titrate up in the next few months. I have to say that I really notice a difference. I was able to get through the entire Christmas party and not once did I think that the floor was going to cave in, lol. I am still a "what if" kinda person, but that is ok from time to time and it does come less often. The kids have noticed that I am more calm. I am able to get a bit more done. A bit of success!
Sooooo I have to admit that I feel like a dumb ass for waiting soooo friggin long to talk to the Dr about it. Oh well, it's all good now. Thank goodness!

2 comments:

J-Mom said...

Glad to hear you are finding help. I'm needing to find a doctor--not having too many problems right now, but I know that it helps with my ADD. I haven't been on it in years. I have had a millions excuses not to go recently. Money, time, finding a doctor, sometimes I really hated th effects of the medicine too--the list goes on.

J-Mom said...

What a random comment! I did sleep much better back on Ritalin!